Florida’s Radon Testing Specialist
Service available across the Southern United States
Radon is a Radioactive Gas That Causes Lung Cancer
Radon Testing Services is a veteran-owned company specializing in the certified radon measurement of multifamily properties, residential care facilities, schools, and other large commercial buildings across Florida and the southern U.S. With thirteen years’ experience we are well-versed in the significant differences between the various state and federal radon testing policies. Whether it is HUD, FHA, Freddie Mac, 232 Lean, or Florida’s mandatory testing of 24-hour care facilities, Radon Testing Services will complete the project in accordance with the appropriate laws and regulations.
Every home has some radon - The only way to know your exposure level is to test.
Radon Testing - It Is All We Do
We are singularly focused on providing the most accurate and comprehensive radon testing available. We have nothing to gain if the results are elevated. We do not mitigate buildings; we only provide radon measurement services. There is no conflict of interest, so all test results are completely unbiassed.
Radon is the Leading Cause of Lung Cancer in Non-Smokers
Radon Warning Statement
“The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the U.S. Surgeon General, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) strongly recommend that ALL homebuyers have an indoor radon test performed prior to purchase or taking occupancy and recommend having the radon levels mitigated if elevated radon concentrations are found. Elevated radon concentrations can easily be reduced by a certified radon mitigator. All homes should be tested regardless of geographic location or foundation type. Radon, a Class-A human carcinogen, is the leading cause of lung cancer in nonsmokers and the second leading cause overall”
Exposure to radon level of 4.0 pCi/L has the same health effects as smoking 8 cigarettes a day.
Certified by Florida Department of Health and NRPP
- Florida Radon Measurement Specialist R2735
- Florida Certified Radon Measurement Business RB2781
- Certified by National Radon Proficiency Program (NRPP) since 2013
- Awarded advanced NRPP Certification in Multifamily Measurement. Awarded only to individuals that demonstrate advanced skills and knowledge to conduct, design, oversee and implement radon testing in accordance with nationally accepted ANSI approved protocols on advanced topics.
- Member of American Association of Radon Scientists and Technologists (AARST) since 2013
- AARST Advanced Radon Measurement Professional
- All testing and reports meet essential requirements established by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and / or State requirements.
Smokers are estimated to be 25 times more at risk from radon than non-smokers.
NRPP Certified & Florida Licensed
Radon Certifications & Licenses
“The inspection could not have been any better. I learned so much and all my immediate questions were answered. I appreciate Mark's honesty.”
"It has been a pleasure working with RTS and I will definitely recommend their services to anyone that I know who is planning to buy a house.”
What Does Florida Require For Radon Testing?
Florida requires certain buildings to be measured for radon. It depends on the county and type of building and the protocols for these mandatory buildings are very specific. RTS can help guide you through the process and provide you with the required reports.